The safety of students and staff is our utmost priority. Everything you need to know about current Covid-19 safety measures at JazzMAD classes is below. Please note that this is reflective of the current government guidelines and may be subject to change.
We encourage everyone (especially anyone that is clinically vulnerable, or who is in the same household or support bubble as someone who considers themselves vulnerable), to read this page carefully and make their own assessment whether they should attend.
Should government guidance change we will contact you about your booking by email, and publish updates on this page.
1. Social distancing: in line with current government guidance, our classes are not socially distanced and are being sold at full capacities. Staff will maintain social distancing wherever possible.
2. Masks/face coverings: are not a requirement to attend, but are very welcome and encouraged as a courtesy to other attendees. For understandability your teacher will not be wearing a mask. Please be prepared that your fellow dancers may not choose to wear masks, and only attend if you are comfortable with this.
3. Covid Pass / Proof of Status: at this time we are not asking attendees to show their NHS Covid Pass, proof of vaccination status or negative test results. However, we encourage you to take a free NHS lateral flow test before attending (find out how to get one here). Our teachers and staff are taking regular lateral flow tests. Head teacher Sharon is happy to share that she is fully vaccinated.
On the day…
- We are now cashless. Card and contactless payments only please.
- Please arrive at least 15-30 minutes early to your class, as Covid-19 safety measures may slow down check-in.
- Please bring minimal possessions with you.
- Please use hand sanitiser at the venue entrance when you arrive.
- Be ready for door staff to be conducting temperature checks.
- We encourage you to check in to the venue via the NHS COVID-19 app when you arrive at our building. The QR code is at the entrance.
- Hand sanitiser will be available to use throughout the session.
- If you would like to attend with your partner and not rotate/change partners in a partner-dance session, that is absolutely fine. Please just speak to the teacher before class and they will get you situated in the room where you are comfortable and won’t disrupt the partner-rotation flow.
- If for any reason you feel uncomfortable with your experience at the venue or begin to feel unwell during a class please speak to the teacher and we will make every effort to deal with the situation with a measured and appropriate response.
Do not attend if…
If you have any Covid-19 or flu-like symptoms you must not attend, this includes if you :
- have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days
- believe you may be infected with COVID-19, whether you have symptoms or not
- have experienced symptoms in the last 10 days
- have been in close proximity to anyone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19, or who has experienced symptoms in the last 10 days and you are not fully vaccinated
- have arrived in England in the last 10 days from a country where UK quarantine restrictions apply
- have been instructed to self-isolate
General Dance Class Hygiene
The hygiene guidelines recommended for Coronavirus are the same we have always promoted to our students for avoiding passing general colds & flus through the dance community:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 30 seconds.
- wash your hands before and after class.
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- do not touch your face, nose, eyes or mouth.
- carry tissues in your pocket during class
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
- feel free to leave the class room to cough or sneeze at any time, as a courtesy to fellow students.
Please use commonsense and never attend a group class if you:
- have any flu-like symptoms, including a high temperature, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat or loss of taste/smell.
- have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with or reasonably suspected of having Covid-19 or any flu.
Safety Measures at Jazzbourne
Many of our classes are now being held at the venue Jazzbourne. Here is information from the venue about the Covid-19 safety measures in place there:
“For your protection we are conducting enhanced cleaning and regular disinfection.
We are cashless, so card and contactless payments only please.
As we are a basement venue we are mindful of air quality. A HEPA air purifier completely filters the air in the venue multiple times each hour with a particle filter that removes bacteria and viruses (as well as airborne allergy and asthma triggers such as pollen, dust, microplastics and traffic pollution). Manufacturer testing showed these filters removed 99.99% of airborne SARS-CoV-2 in a biosafety lab chamber.
Thank you for your understanding if our front and rear exit doors are periodically held open for cross-ventilation.
Our toilets are ventilated at all times.
We have removed the self-serve water stations at the bar, so please ask for a glass of water from bar staff. You are welcome to bring your own water bottles and we will happily refill them for you.
Jazzbourne is a small venue, so please be mindful of others and their personal space when moving around or queueing for the bar or toilet.”
Cancellations due to Covid-19
If you need to cancel:
If you pre-paid for a JazzMAD class and cannot attend due to Covid-19 symptoms, a positive test result, or because you have been told to isolate, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible.
As per our Cancellation Policy, we do not offer refunds and can not offer you a credit/transfer with less than 48 hours notice, as our classes have limited capacity and we will probably have turned away other dancers for the place you booked. Thank you for understanding. Wherever possible we will give you a credit for the value of your missed class, so that you can re-book another class in the future.
If we need to cancel:
If we need to cancel a JazzMAD class or event for Covid-19 related reasons, we will contact everyone who has booked a place by email.
We will endeavour to reschedule the class, and anyone unable to make the rescheduled class will be offered a credit on their JazzMAD account for the value of that class, to re-book in the future.